Who Else Wants To Stop The Possibility Of Surgery?
Stop Your Surgery?
In my 35 years of clinical physical medicine and chiropractic there a few specialized procedures that when performed have the ability to stop the need for certain types of surgery! When performed correctly these procedures can stop low back surgery, neck surgery, disc surgery and even shoulder surgery.
Research suggests that of the 500,000-plus disk surgeries that are performed annually (a significant increase of late), as many as 90 percent are unnecessary and ineffective. Richard Deyo, MD, a professor at Oregon Health and Science University, notes, “It seems implausible that the number of patients with the most complex spinal pathology [has] increased 15-fold in just six years” and mentions one strong motivation includes “financial incentives involving both surgeons and hospitals.” To Your Health
So my point being chances are you may be considering a surgery that may not be an absolute necessity!
Pain especially chronic pain can be very motivating for you to consider having surgery however you really need to look at the statistics and determine for yourself if your upcoming surgery is first necessary and second the best option for your condition. Some back surgeries are performed to relieve back and leg pain and it might surprise you to know back surgery, especially disc surgery, is only meant to relieve the leg pain that is being caused by your herniation and not to stop your back pain! Very few if any surgeons tell their patients that absolute fact because they know their patients would consider alternatives.
The rate of spinal fusion surgery has risen six fold in the United States over the past 20 years, according to federal figures, and the expensive procedure, which involves the joining of two or more vertebrae, has become even more common than hip replacement. Washington Post
OK here are the top three procedures to help you stop surgery
1) Radiofrequency Ablation– which is a procedure that is both therapeutic or pain relieving as well as diagnostic. If you are experiencing neck or back pain you should consider this Radiofrequency Ablation procedure before undergoing disc or spinal fusion.
2) Manipulation Under Anesthesia also known as MUA and is a wonderful sedative physical medicine procedure that is guided towards increased range of motion while relieving pain by breaking up adhesions that restrict joints and cause nerve pain by actually strangling the nerve tissue. If you are experiencing shoulder pain and restriction you should consider MUA for your shoulder relief rather than surgery. Manipulation under anesthesia is also very helpful for disc herniation as well as for chronic back and neck pain.
3) Chiropractic Spinal Decompression or spinal decompression is a procedure for people who are suffering back and neck pain from disc involvement. This is the category of pain where most of the unnecessary surgeries take place and are prescribed and performed. Spinal Decompression for disc bulge or herniation is very comfortable to receive and is guided towards decreasing the disc bulge or herniation which is the root cause of your pain.
At Phoenix pain treatment our staff of health care professionals take a collaborative approach based on interventional pain management and offers a number of specialists and techniques in the pursuit of optimum pain management treatment. Here you’ll find chiropractors, medical doctors, Osteopathic doctors and even surgeons who are well-versed in the treatment of pain management including neck pain treatment, back pain treatment and more. The ability of our double board certified MDs and medical staff to work together in creating customized interventional pain treatment plans is what sets Phoenix Pain Treatment apart and allows us to achieve optimum results. Many of these techniques and procedures may very well prevent you from having to undergo surgery.
Don’t live another day enduring physical pain. Together we can restore your health and minimize your pain. While I cannot promise that every surgical candidate will be prevented from having surgery with these top three procedures to stop surgery. Wouldn’t it feel good to know that you did everything possible before undergoing the knife and knowing full well that you exhausted every conservative measure before having surgery?
The more you learn about our Phoenix interventional pain management treatment office the more you’ll see the possibilities for pain relief in your life. Look to Phoenix Pain Treatment for:
• Interventional Pain Management
• Radiofrequency Ablation
• Manipulation Under Anesthesia
• Spinal Decompression Therapy
Give us a call today and find out if you can stop your surgery 602-449-9430